Selection for Training
Updated: 31 March 2017
Trainees for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are selected on a competitive basis. Strict eligibility criteria apply and are published annually on The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) website. The P&RS Regulations for Selection are subject to annual review, and are published on this page each November.
2017 applications are closed for Selection into Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery SET program.
2017 Selection Information: For training commencing in 2018
All enquiries must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for selection for the 2018 intake must provide evidence of a pass in the RACS Surgical Sciences Exam (SSE) prior to the selection application closing date, Friday 31 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT.
31 March 2017: Applications are closed. Feedback and invitations for interview will be advised per the Selection Regulations.
1 March 2017: Applications are open.
3 February 2017: Corrections published to selection regulation numbering (see selection regulations 4.8 - 4.10).
9 January 2017: Inteview Dates for 2017 confirmed.
22 December 2016: Application fee is set for 2017.
28 October 2016: The 2017 Selection Regulations are published online.
- 2017 Selection Regulations for Selection into 2017 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Education and Training: Download
- 2017 Selection Referee Contact Details: Download
Previous version: 2016 Selection Regulations for Selection into 2017: Download
- Selection Registration Opens Thursday 5 January 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Selection Registration Closes Friday 3 February 2017 5:00pm AEDT
- Selection Application Opens Wednesday 1 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Selection Application Closes Friday 31 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Referee Reporting Opens Thursday 27 April 2017 AEST
- Referee Reporting Closes Wednesday 24 May 2017 5:00pm AEST
- Interviews 14 June 2017 (Victoria), 17 June 2017 (other regions)
- Announcement of Offers Monday 24 July 2017
Application Processing Fee
All applicants will be charged a non-refundable application processing fee which must be paid at the time of application.
The 2017 fee is $828 (including GST).