Selection for Training
Updated: 9 January 2017
Trainees for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery are selected on a competitive basis. Strict eligibility criteria apply and are published annually on The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) website. The P&RS Regulations for Selection are subject to annual review, and are published on this page each November.
2017 Selection Information: For training commencing in 2018
All enquiries must be sent in writing to email@example.com.
Applicants for selection for the 2018 intake must provide evidence of a pass in the RACS Surgical Sciences Exam (SSE) prior to the selection application closing date, Friday 31 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT.
9 January 2017: Inteview Dates for 2017 confirmed.
22 December 2016: Application fee is set for 2017.
28 October 2016: The 2017 Selection Regulations are published online.
- 2017 Selection Regulations for Selection into 2017 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Education and Training: Download
- 2017 Selection Referee Contact Details: Download
Previous version: 2016 Selection Regulations for Selection into 2017: Download
- Selection Registration Opens Thursday 5 January 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Selection Registration Closes Friday 3 February 2017 5:00pm AEDT
- Selection Application Opens Wednesday 1 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Selection Application Closes Friday 31 March 2017 12:00pm AEDT
- Referee Reporting Opens Thursday 27 April 2017 AEST
- Referee Reporting Closes Wednesday 24 May 2017 5:00pm AEST
- Interviews 14 June 2017 (Victoria), 17 June 2017 (other regions)
- Announcement of Offers Monday 24 July 2017
Applicants wishing to apply for selection into SET must first register with RACS. Registered applicants who meet the College's minimum eligibility criteria will then be able to able to apply to the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery SET program.
Eligible and registered applicants should receive an email containing a link to the online application form. If you do not receive the link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details including your name.
Application Processing Fee
All applicants will be charged a non-refundable application processing fee which must be paid at the time of application.
The 2017 fee is $828 (including GST).